Joshua Goldfein, DMD
Meet Dr. Joshua Goldfein
Call Dr. Goldfein‘s office today at ☎ Metropolitan Endodontics Phone Number (201) 354-6201 to make an appointment.
Dr. Goldfein was born in Englewood, New Jersey and grew up in Tenafly. After Graduating from Tenafly High School, he attended Columbia University and graduated Summa Cum Laude in 2004 with a bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering. After 3 years of Molecular Bioengineering research at Weill Cornell Medical College in Manhattan, he went on to receive his dental degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine in 2011, graduating first in his class. Dr. Goldfein then went on to a two-year residency program in Endodontics at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and received his certificate in 2013. During his tenure at Tufts, he taught undergraduate courses and is hoping to pursue teaching opportunities in the future. At Tufts, he also participated in Endodontic research and was published as a first author and featured on the cover of the December 2013 issue of the Journal of Endodontics. Both during his time in Boston and since his graduation in early 2013, Dr. Goldfein has enjoyed an active practice limited to Endodontics.
Aside from dentistry, Dr. Goldfein’s interests include the theater, cooking, woodworking, golf, tennis, and skiing. At age 16 he attended the Bergen County Emergency Medical Services Academy and served actively as an EMT on the Tenafly Volunteer Ambulance Corps for the next twelve years. Dr. Goldfein has maintained life membership in the Ambulance Corps. He enjoys traveling and spending time with his family and friends.
Dr. Goldfein has attained board eligibility status and is in the process of completing certification as a diplomate of the American Board of Endodontics. He is dedicated to lifelong learning and enjoys attending courses to stay current and uses the newest technology to ensure a pleasant and pain-free experience for his patients. He is a very caring and compassionate person and enjoys helping people to relieve their pain and discomfort. Besides modern microscopic Endodontics, Dr. Goldfein has also received extensive training in Microsurgical Endodontics for instances when a nonsurgical root canal is not possible. He also has training in the field of Dental Traumatology and has worked on patients suffering from facial trauma.
- Endodontics Certificate from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in Boston, MA (2013)
- D.M.D. from The University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine in Philadelphia, PA (2011)
- Honors: Class rank #1 (2007-2011)
- Matthew Cryer (Eta Sigma Sigma) Honor Society
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honor Society
- Pierre Fauchard Academy Certificate of Merit
- Alpha Omega Academic Achievement Award
- Louis I. Grossman Award in Endodontics
- B.S. in Biomedical Engineering from Columbia University in New York, NY (2004)
- Honors: Tao Beta Pi Honor Society
- Golden Key Honor Society
- Deans List
- Summa Cum Laude
- J. Goldfein, C. Speirs, M. Finkelman, R. Amato, Rubber Dam Use During Post Placement Influences the Success of Root Canal-treated Teeth. Journal of Endodontics, December 2013.
- Alt-Holland A, Srinivasan S, Lucier R, Kublin CL, Fong JM, Goldfein J, Baker DL, Park A, Finkelman M, Kawai T, Do bib clips pose a cross-contamination risk at the dental clinic?. Compendium of continuing education in dentistry, July 2012.
- Chan D, Lieberman D, Musatov S, Goldfein J, Selesnick S, Kaplitt M. Protection Against Cisplatin-Induced Ototoxicity by Adeno-Associated Virus-Mediated Delivery of the X-Linked Inhibitor of Apoptosis Protein Is Not Dependent on Caspase Inhibition. Otology & Neurotology, April 2007.
- 2011-2013 Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Clinical Instructor
- American Association of Endodontists
- American Dental Association
- New Jersey Dental Association
- Bergen County Dental Association
- International Association of Dental Traumatology